Despite the still to be processed storm and beetle wood large quantities in different parts of Austria and the amounts of wood that comes from the German storm affected areas to Austria, the prices for spruce in Tyrol are on the rise in May.
Roundwood prices list in Tyrol; May 2018:
- Spruce sawlogs - quality class B/C; 2a-3b: 92,00 € / m³, + 3,2%
- Spruce sawlogs- quality class C+: 64,12 € / m³, + 2,6%
- Softwood firewood- € 29.60 / m³, -2.8%.
3 month review (01.03.2018 - 31.05.2018)
- Fir sawlogs quality class B/C: 78,89 € / m³
- Larch sawlogs B/C: 109,90 € / m³
- White pine sawlogs B/C: 65,66 € / m³
- Spruce sawlogs (small diameters) B/C: 66,30 € / m³
Rundholzpreisindex Tirol (RUPI)
May 2018: 140.908%: The monthly index rose slightly in May with an average price of € 92.00 / m³ (+ 3.174%). First quarter of 2018: 135.961%. The Tyrolean roundwood price index rose slightly in the first quarter of the year, rising by + 1.475% compared to the fourth quarter of 2017.